Sunday, August 19, 2012

Korea - Travelling to and around Jeju

I had been to Korea twice and for the 2nd trip, I've stayed for approx 6 mths and there are so much things that I can blog and write about..

For a start, I will post on Jeju.. Someone told me that that place is a rip-off and I shouldnt go.. But how wrong that someone is.. In my opinion, Jeju is the best trip I've made in Korea..

Travelling to  Jeju

For a start, I recommend taking a plane to Jeju.. It's just an hour from Incheon by flight..
Besides Korean Air and Asiana Airlines, there are a few domestic airlines for you to choose..

1. Eastar Jet - www.eastarjet.com
2. Jinair - www.jinair.com
3. Jeju Air - www.jejuair.net
4. T-way - www.twayair.com

Depending on the timing and dates you've chosen, pricing may differ. You need to check all the websites to see which airline provides the best pricing..

We went Jeju late march and ticket cost was only S$90+ (return ticket with all tax, fuel surcharges, etc included)

Next, travelling around Jeju..

There's a shuttle bus within Jeju but I strongly strongly recommend renting your own vehicle.. It's more convenient, the roads are easy to access and price friendly..
There are a few car rental website like axis, hertz etc. But I really like KT Kumho (www.kumhorent.com). But pls sign on as their member, you will get about 50-70% off the rates publish on their website. Their membership is free.

I rented the cheapest car for about 2 days and with Full CDW (Car Damage Waiver) included, it cost only 68,000 won+ (about S$ 70). GPRS is provided free for Jeju car rental. Petrol was about S$50 and we did manage to drive around Jeju.





Staying in Jeju

I've used www.booking.com as shown in my website for my hotel booking.
It was really more than what we expect for the price that we paid.. The rooms are clean and huge..

- December Hotel Jeju
- Feliz Telcon Hotel Seogwipo

For the next part, I will show you the places that we've been to.. For a short preview,








                       


1 comment:

  1. wow, great, I was wondering how to cure acne naturally. and found your site by google, learned a lot, now i’m a bit clear. I’ve bookmark your site and also add rss. keep us updated.
    cari duit

    ReplyDelete